Welcome to

Otter Tail County Minnesota

Obituaries - E




November 2000


     Leon Ebner, age 72, of Perham, Minn. formerly of Moorhead, Minnesota, died Monday, November 6, 2000 at MeritCare Hospital, Fargo, N.D. Funeral services will be Friday, November 10, 2000 at 10:30 a.m. at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Dent, Minnesota with the Reverend Jerry Nordick officiating. Graveside services will be Friday at 3:00 p.m. at St. Joseph’s Catholic Cemetery in Moorhead, Minnesota. Visitation will be Thursday, November 9 from 4-8 p.m. with a prayer service at 7 p.m. at the Schoeneberger Funeral Home in Perham, Minn. There will be visitation at the church one hour prior to the funeral on Friday. Arrangements are with Schoeneberger Funeral Home of Perham, Minnesota.


Otter Tail County, Minnesota

Thursday, October 10, 1895

Mrs. Mary Engler, mother of Mrs Nic Berg, died at the residence of her daughter last Thursday, at the advanced age of 82 years. The funeral occurred from St. Henry’s on Saturday. 


Thursday, February 18, 1897


John Engler last week received a telegram last Tuesday, from Bristol, S. D., announcing the death of his son Jacob Engler. Mr Engler accompanied by his daughter, Mrs Frank Kintz, left Wednesday morning for that place to attend the funeral.


March 9, 1899

John Engler, of Rush Lake, died on Sunday, at the advanced age of 93 years, his wife and several grown children surviving him. It was only a short time ago that Mr. Engler and wife celebrated their diamond wedding, and the news of his death will create sorrow among numerous friends. The funeral was held from the St. Joseph church, on Tuesday, and the remains were followed to their last resting place by a large circle of sympathizing friends and acquaintances.

Mr. and Mrs. John Nuss were here from Grand Forks to attend the burial of John Engler. Mr. Engler was his foster-father.


MAY 14, 1903

Mrs. Engler, mother of Mrs. Frank Kintz, died at the hospital on Monday night. Deceased has been an invalid for a great many years, and has failed particularly fast since the death of her husband. She had made her home with her daughter for a number of years but as they were about to move to the Northwest territory, it was thought best to provide a home where she could receive the best of care and attention, therefore she was taken to the hospital a month ago, and provision made for her permanent residence. Mr. Kintz had his cars loaded and arrangements made to leave yesterday but the death has delayed the departure for a short time. Death came as a relief from her sufferings and she died as she had lived a devout member of the Catholic Church.



Return to Home Page